So I am at work on Thursday morning when I get a phone call from my mom who tells me that my 96 year old "Chinese" grandma is in the hospital!!! She says that she fell down in her apartment and broke her shoulder AND a couple of ribs. Can you imagine how frail anyone would be at 96??? It just amazes me that it's been 6 years now since my "Chinese" grandpa (her husband) has passed away and she has been living by herself, walking up 3 flights of stairs to her apartment in San Francisco (Chinatown). She has a family member that comes to check on her at night and then of course Meals On Wheels comes, but knowing that she doesn't speak ANY English in a hospital with only a translator every now and then would scare me to death! She is such a strong amazing women who has been through so much. My mom, sister and I are flying out there on Saturday to spend some time with her and I'm cherishing EVERY minute!
February 2, 2008
My Poor Grandma!
Posted by Shauna on 2/02/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Oh, what a neat post, and what an amazing little woman. She must have a strong will. Good thing you are going to see her, you will treasure that time, Im sure. I miss my grandparents that have passed away. Have a good time and take good care of that sweet lady :)
That is SO SAD! Do YOU speak Chinese? Does your mom? She looks so nice, I'm sure she's a great grandma! 96...that's a nice, long life.
Hey Shauna! Its so fun to find new people here, watch out, its very addicting! You look great, just like I remember you! Your grandma is to cute, I hope she gets better quickly!!
Post a Comment