What is it with me getting all the "calls" at work first thing in the morning? My mom calls me yesterday around 8:30am to tell me that she does not need me to take her the airport Tuesday (today). She was going to see my grandma in the hospital. Well....about 30 minutes after I got off the phone with her, she calls again and tells me that my grandma didn't make it and she just passed away in her sleep!!! How something so drastic can change that quickly is so mind boggling to me. I think I'm still shocked. I know now that she is not suffering and is resting with my grandfather, dad, dogs and every other angel looking after us. But boy....has this been hard. We are still going out there on Saturday, but instead of it being a "vacation" we will be clearing out her apartment and prepping for the funeral arrangements. Since Chinese New Year starts on Thursday, they will not be having the funeral until the 23rd of this month!!! Talk about dragging something out. I guess it's against their beliefs to have any type of service during the celebration of the new year?? I still don't quite understand but I'm sure I'll get the full explanation when I get there Saturday. My mind is going 100 MPH right now because I am super busy at work, playing mom and trying to get 10 people to fly from Arizona and Germany to San Fran in a "cost effective" way. Sorry if this was a Debbie Downer. Here is the last family picture I have with her, my brother and his daughter and of course my mom. GOOD TIMES!
February 5, 2008
Sad News
Posted by Shauna on 2/05/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
Shauna, how shocking and sad. I know she is so much more comfortable and happy now, but it still isnt easy losing someone you love, and all that stress on top of it (helping all those people get their, and work, ect). I know I havent seen you in forever and you would probably never ask but if their is anything I can do to help (bring dinner, watch Tyler ect), I would in a heartbeat. I got sick to my stomach when you said she would see your Dad. Did your Dad pass away? If so when and how? I am so sad about that. That must have been a really hard time for you. Keep me updated. If you feel more comfortable talking about your Dad in a email, my address is: ebizrobson@hotmail.com
Love ya
Shauna, so sorry about your sweet grandma. That's so hard. I second Kenyon's question about your dad. I had no idea that he passed away. When? If you don't want to say through comments, I'll get the details from Kenyon after you email her. My thoughts are with you.
P.S. Why are you guys going to Germany?
So sorry about your Grandma. She seemed like such an amazing lady. Good luck with the travel and funeral plans!!
shauna, i just wanted to say i am so sorry to hear about your grandma, even though you know she is in a better place, it doesnt always make it easier..my heart goes out to you and your family at this time!
You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I know that no words can make you feel better but know that there are lots of people that love and care about you and your family.
Shauna, I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma. I am in shock over your dad. I had to read your post a few times to make sure I read it right. I am so sad about your dad. I have so many memories of him while we were growing up. He was such a fun guy. I am sorry for you loss. Keri
I am so sorry that you are going through such a hard time right now. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I am also sorry to hear about your Dad. I remember thinking that you had a cool Dad. I am sorry for your loss.
I appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers for my family. It means a lot! :-)
My family and I are doing fine and we all know that she is in a happy place. Thank you all again!
Shauna! Oh my gosh...how's my 2nd grade BFF? It's been so long! Curious, have you ever found Jason Hawkins again?!? LOL I'm sorry about your family, but I do have to say that your little boy is darling. Love his tatoo in Rocky Point! I'm so glad to see that you're happily married. Your mom looks good too. I'm curious about your dad? You'll have to email me directly and give me more 411 into what's going on with you. jheriglover@cox.net
Love to catch up more. Talk soon!
p.s. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!
Post a Comment