I'm.....
Yep... 8 /12 weeks and due February 6th!!
Yep... 8 /12 weeks and due February 6th!!So here's the story.....I have been finding myself more tired than normal, but I have been pretty busy at work so I think nothing of it. Well on Father's Day I was doing laundry while Tate was mowing the lawn (yes, on Father's Day) and when he came into take a shower, I was laid completely out fast asleep! It was in the middle of the the afternoon! A couple of nights before that I got sick really quick before getting in the shower?? Weird huh? Anyways, on Monday morning I decided to take a home pregnancy test and sure enough....it was positive! So I go lay next to Tate in bed and say, "Babe, I think I'm pregnant!" He was not ready for that news at 6am, so we both laid there in shock. Excited of course, but to think that Tyler will be 7 when the baby comes is a long break and basically starting over again!
So, on the drive to work Tate tells me to call my mother in law and make an appointment during lunch. We go to her office (University OBGYN) and the entire staff can't wait for me to pee in a cup to get the results. It was honestly a split second from when I put my little sample of pee in the door before one of the office girls grabbed it! I go around the hall and ask her for the results. She is more anxious that I am! She tells me that we are waiting for two lines to appear. Within seconds, two lines appear!!!!!! IT'S POSITIVE!!! Everyone is so excited and my poor husband is waiting in the lobby with his mom. I come tell him the news and the look of shock begins.
Since I wasn't quite sure when the first day of my last cycle was, they had me do an ultra sound the following morning. We heard the heartbeat and I was measuring 6 weeks at the time with a due date of February 6th.
Needless to say, everyone knows how freaking bad I want a girl. So I decided to do a couple of those quirky Chinese gender calendars. It's says it's a GIRL!! I tried it with Tyler too and his matched up, so wish me luck!
Question for you moms with more than one kid....did you guys show a lot faster with your second child? I am already poppped out like crazy!!
So, on the drive to work Tate tells me to call my mother in law and make an appointment during lunch. We go to her office (University OBGYN) and the entire staff can't wait for me to pee in a cup to get the results. It was honestly a split second from when I put my little sample of pee in the door before one of the office girls grabbed it! I go around the hall and ask her for the results. She is more anxious that I am! She tells me that we are waiting for two lines to appear. Within seconds, two lines appear!!!!!! IT'S POSITIVE!!! Everyone is so excited and my poor husband is waiting in the lobby with his mom. I come tell him the news and the look of shock begins.
Since I wasn't quite sure when the first day of my last cycle was, they had me do an ultra sound the following morning. We heard the heartbeat and I was measuring 6 weeks at the time with a due date of February 6th.
Needless to say, everyone knows how freaking bad I want a girl. So I decided to do a couple of those quirky Chinese gender calendars. It's says it's a GIRL!! I tried it with Tyler too and his matched up, so wish me luck!
Question for you moms with more than one kid....did you guys show a lot faster with your second child? I am already poppped out like crazy!!



17 comments:
Hey Shauna,
I came across your blog. Congratulations!! With my 3rd pregnancy I totally popped out around 8 weeks, and at 17 weeks found out I was pregnant with twin girls.
Good luck, hope you get your little girl!
Calleen Evans
Shauna!!! YEAH!!! I am so excited for you. Im so happy you have a blog and I get to hear the exciting news! I hope you are not super sick. You are gonna be out of this first trimester before you know it.
I popped out much sooner with my second :)
What the heck? What a post! How exciting! Who is your Dr? I think I go to the same office!:) And yeah, I think EVERYONE shows A LOT sooner with each pregnancy.:)
Congratulations! I am so excited for you. This is wonderful. alot of things will be more noticeable with this one because your body has done this b4. this is so exciting!!!
Congratulations! That is so fun. Hope you get your girl. You need a girl to be able to do fun hair styles on. I remember you would always do fun hair styles on everyone during assemblies at Robson. You always had a knack for hair. I get big with all my kids but definately a lot faster with the second and even more with the third. Hope you don't get too sick!
Congrats! That is soooo exciting...hopefully its a girl..that would be so much fun.
omg.. im so excited for you!!! it was a shock for me too!! it all comes back to you.... shady and stryker are 8 years apart.. its awesome!!! they are such big helpers!!!!! it said i was having a girl too, but boys are fun too, so dont get sad if its not.... omg... lets do lunch!!! i miss you!
CONGRATS! THAT IS SO FUN, CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR WHAT YOU ARE HAVING! EVERY PREGNACY YOU SHOW FASTER!
Congratulations Shauna!!! That is so awesome! Hope you are feeling well...it's hard being pregnant in the middle of the summer...keep us updated on how it's going!
Thanks for all the congrats and info about the second baby! I haven't been feeling too bad, just getting sick at night.
Mel- I see Dr. Dowswell. The other doctor in that office is Dr. Huish. Is that where you go?
wow! congrats! i hope you get your girl...they are so fun. I am not a good judge of size, cause i get big with all of mine!:)
Congrats! How exciting, maybe a GIRL this time... I wish I could give a small bit of advice on the faster growing tummy but I've only got one baby and am only having one baby!!! Congrats again and I can't wait to watch the posts to see how things are coming along.
Congrats Shauna! I definatley showed faster with the 2nd-maybe because I got HUGE with my first, never lost all the weight and looked pregnant already before I even was! The joys of motherhood! The Chinese chart was right with all 3 of mine so good luck- hope you are feeling ok.
Hey girl! I am so happy for you. Like everyone else said I did show faster with the second and third because your body already knows what to do. It has already been streched out from the first pregnancy. And yes the chart read the same for mine and was right on all three kids too.
Lyndsey
Didn't my daughters black eye freak you out? kind of scary huh.
hey shauna~
its hollie larson holyoak! hope u dont mind but i found ur blog on shelly's page! ur family is so cute and im excited that u r havin another baby! i had dr huish the entire time with my 2nd pregnancy but then dr. dowswell delivered! i loved him! :) check me out www.theholysmokes.blogspot.com
SOOOOOOOOOO, how ya doin'? how ya feelin'?
P.S. Yeah, I see Dr. Huish...LOVE HIM!:)
Hey I just tagged you to go to my blog and see what to do . You dont have to but it is fun.
Lyndsey
Post a Comment