My family and I went to San Francisco the weekend of February 23rd for my grandma's funeral and we're very glad she is now resting in peace. Even though it was under these circumstances to see all of my cousins and what not, my family and I made some good memories there. It was myself, Aaron, Tyler, my sister and her son, my mom and my brother who flew in from Germany. We were pretty occupied Friday and Saturday afternoon but after that we were able to do our own thing.
For those of you who don't know, the Chinese have a lot of very different customs when some passes away. One of the things that my family is not too fond of is the banquet food. I like Chinese food, but this stuff was out of control! Who in the heck has ever heard of eating SEA BLUBBER?!?!? It was disgusting! Of course we had to "try" a little bit, but let me just tell you that eating a big jelly fish is not the same as sweet and sour chicken! Oh, and you all like chicken right??? Well, they have the ENTIRE chicken on the plate with the head!! Of course it's cooked, but no one wants to look at a chicken head! My family and I joke about it because we cover the head with a big serving spoon. Needless to say, we ate rice and vegetables while at dinner but had In-N-Out and pizza afterwards! :-)
Oh yeah....I chopped my hair while I was there too! When I went with my mom and sister the weekend of February 9th, I cut like 6 inches off there. They do an awesome job for cheap...only $18 for cut/wash/style. Not bad! Anyways, Aaron has been wanting me to go short for a while now and I have wanted to as well but never had the guts too. So, I was determined to do it again while I was there. I went to the same salon and the guy barely spoke English but did a great job. I'll do some before and after pics soon.
Here are just a few pictures we took while at Fisherman's Wharf, Ghiradelli Square, Chinatown and from the hotel. Enjoy!
March 3, 2008
San Francisco
Posted by Shauna on 3/03/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
This post made me miss you!:) I LIKE your hair short. that crack s me up about the chicken on the plate with a serving spoon hat!:P you should have taken a picture of that!:) Glad that all went well while you were there.
I LOVE San Fransisco! My sis lived there while her husband was in dental school and I went and stayed with them for 6 weeks after we graduated!! Im glad you got to do some fun things, even though you were there for a sad thing! The food sounded WONDERFUL!! HA Love your hair!
Im glad it turned out to be a trip of some good memmories. I have seen food like what your talking about before. When I went to Europe, I saw some things like that....EEEEWWWWW! I would LOVE to visit San Fransisco, I have never been their. I love your hair, its really cute.
California is my favorite! Your hair looks great!
shauna!! it's me, shelly stapley!! i'm not sure how I found this but I really can't believe it's you! I was just thinking about you the other day. weird huh! send me your email. mine is shellyfreedom@yahoo.com. i do have a blog but it's private b/c i have a 14 yr old step-daughter and I didn't want her mom watching us. long story. i hope to hear from you soon!!!!
Post a Comment